Sunday, September 9, 2007

Peaceful Journey




There is something about this shot that just for a moment puts the world at peace. This was the first time that I have ever been to a mission but I can truly say it was a peaceful journey. As I walked around taking pictures at various locations in the mission. It really seemed that all my thoughts became very clear, even the statues that were in the yard seemed to exude peace and protection from this cold world. I found lots of things to shoot in the Mission but the thing that truly astonished me the most was the feeling that nothing else really mattered during the time that I spent there. Absolutely no worries or stressful thoughts. I cant wait until my next visit.

1 comment:

Paul said...

My feelings, exactly. There was something about the warmth, texture, and color of the adobe walls that exuded peace.

It was my first visit to a mission as well. It affected me so much that when I got home, I looked to see if there were any Spanish missions in my area; unfortunately, there are not. Most of the missions are in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California, which makes sense.

I'd like to arrange a photo trip for us to photograph some missions in New Mexico.

It was a nice journey.