Saturday, September 22, 2007

Back from D.C.


























Well, I made it back, a week long trip for training in McLean Va. I did manage to get out to take a few photograph's but it was not the same when you don't have your own vehicle to explore and find the shots you want. My job had a van it loaned to the class but you would have about six guys to share it with. Trying and get six guys to go to with you to take pictures is just not gonna happen. I did meet a really cool co-worker from N. Carolina named Paul nicknamed "31 points" (pictured above) that was nice enough to take me to some area's to get most of the above shots but we were pressed for time before it got dark and traffic is horrible in the D.C. area. The other times that I was able to get out the traffic was so bad that by the time I got to where I wanted to shoot it was too dark. I didn't have my tripod and release cable for night shots so I did even bother to post any of those photo's. As you can see i did get a few of the hots spots like the Capital, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lady Bird Johnson Statue, a biking and running trail along the George Washington Pkwy and a very welcomed treat in getting to photograph a bald eagle in the wild ( I can't see him in Texas). I love to travel but there is truly no place like home.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More great shots. I really like the one of the bicyclist and skater passing beneath those tall trees. A very nice way to show the height of the trees!

Jyoti said...

Again a great set of images.

Okay, I'm signed here with a different Blog... but it's the same Intern.